Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Rules, ICS, suggestionsu

To: silakka@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jussi Asp)
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Rules, ICS, suggestionsu
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:34:55 -0300 (CLST)

Jussi Asp dijo/said:

>Rules, ICS, suggestions. ( long story, maybe worth read anyway.. :) )
>
>Greetings Freecivers,
>I've been playing Freeciv for a while now and am kind of bored with default
>[......]

>10. Many nations should be able to build the same wonder. Civ II was
>originally a single-player game and limiting wonders to only first builder
>brings great unbalance. I would suggest other players building the same
>wonder would have to wait for example 500years after building before it
>would start working. Player could allow other player, ally for example, to
>get the same wonder working sooner, in diplomatic meeting.

The point of wonders, IMNAAHO, is precisely that only one country can
have each.

>11. Ships should not see inland, only the coast, even when they have bigger
>view radius. I think this would make sense.
>?? should this be default behaviour or option in game.ruleset ??

Again, IMNAAHO, this doesn't make sense: after all, ships DO have
someone at the top, reporting what they see.

>[...]
>13. Surrender, with units. Surrender-option in diplomacy meeting, which
>would give all the units too. I know it is possible to give all cities now,
>but this is ankward if you have a lot's of cities and wish to give them
>away.

Why would someone give away a city?

>14. Moving units from player to another. I would like to give some units to
>my allies to help them in their war-efforts.

Civ2 lets you do this.

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel