Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Attribute handling

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: tuomas.airaksinen@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, locke@xxxxxxx, jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx, stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Attribute handling
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:59:42 +0200

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 07:33:09PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 05:25:05PM +0200, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 11:36:07PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Attached is an updated version of the attribute handling
> > > patch. Differences to the previous version:
> > >  - updated to current CVS
> > >
> > > The patch is stable. There are no known bugs. There is nothing I would
> > > like to change in the near future. The city management agent is a
> > > non-toy user of attributes. And uses it without problems.
> > >
> > > People please comment on the concept, the interface and if you have
> > > time on the implementation. I hope there will be a discussion. However
> > > based on past experience I suspect there will be no comments. If the
> > > latter happens it is your (CVS-committers) time to apply the patch.
> >
> > Just an idea: give a CVS access for Raimar. And other most active
> > developers also, like for example Marko Lindqvist and Mike Jing. If
> > our current administrators are really so busy, so this would probably
> > alleviate our problem a bit (?).
>
> Reinier said he will take a look at the attribute handling.

Good.

> I'm not sure if I'm able to judge about code which touches issues I'm
> not familiar with. It looks like the current maintainers also have
> this problem. It would be easier for them if other developers (the

At least I assume that you are able to judge your own code... at least
you have something to show that you're somewhat a good coder and interested
enough developing freeciv.

> second tier, all people reading freeciv-dev) would comment some
> patches.

It is *hard* issue for not-so-developed coder like me (and probably some
others) to 'comment' code. Of course I can read any code and say that it's
allright, but what does that matter? Nothing. We cannot trust anyone's
comments anyway.

Testing is another job, and that's something I can help with. But always
it's not so easy either (like patches like attributes that don't show
anything radical yet...:)).

--
Terveisin   Tuomas Airaksinen        linux
Kotisivu:   http://tuma.cjb.net/      is all