Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Happiness display (GTK client)

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Happiness display (GTK client)
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:28:32 +0200

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:31:48AM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> These two patches add a Happiness display for the GTK client,
> accessable through a new button in the City dialog.  I ended up copying a
> lot from the City dialog code.  Here is what the individual patch does:
>
> new_city_info.diff:  modifies the city_info packet to included need
> information to diaplay the happiness breakdown and adds a new optional
> capability string.
>
> happy_display_gtk.diff: adds the Happiness display window.
>
> NOTE: the displayed info will be *incorrect* when playing on unpatched
> servers.
>
> More coming.  Please give it a read and test (thanks in advance, vasc. :-).

Cool,... and very useful! But... Texts weren't so nobrainer, for example, could
you
explain what this means: "3 content with 1 additional unhappy sitizen for
every 7 cities over 13 (18 total)". Should it just tell how many unhappy
sitizens are caused by amount of cities?

Firstly, "Happy" should be "Happiness", althought it takes more space
(Isometric anyways takes more space, so it doesn't matter so much anymore).
I know that not everyone is using isometric view, so should the buttons are
organized in some other way then? In general, Civ2s city dialog were
more practical, and we could do something like that using for example GTK+'s
tab widget (or whatever it is called, the one that gives more pages in one
dialog (Happiness, unitlist, configuration, worklist and this kind of
things)

Is this bug or what: I have built Michelangelo's Chapel, and in Buildings
tab it is shown: "Cathedral (Michelangelo's Chapel)". But in Wonders-
field there is nothing. Maybe there should be something like this:
"Michelangelo Chapel (counted as Cathedral)".

And I'd like to see "Happiness"-button also in City report dialog (F1).

--
Terveisin   Tuomas Airaksinen        linux
Kotisivu:   http://tuma.cjb.net/      is all