Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Happiness display (GTK client)

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] Happiness display (GTK client)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:32:08 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:31:48AM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> These two patches add a Happiness display for the GTK client,
> accessable through a new button in the City dialog.  I ended up copying a
> lot from the City dialog code.  Here is what the individual patch does:
>
> new_city_info.diff:  modifies the city_info packet to included need
> information to diaplay the happiness breakdown and adds a new optional
> capability string.
>
> happy_display_gtk.diff: adds the Happiness display window.
>
> NOTE: the displayed info will be *incorrect* when playing on unpatched
> servers.
>
> More coming.  Please give it a read and test (thanks in advance, vasc. :-).

 - I would increase the border width of the frame it is almost invisible
 - the city dialog is larger than 1024 with the extra button in the
   german localized version. Maybe a second row of buttons?
 - I would change _("Temple. ") to "get_improvement_name(B_TEMPLE)"

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman