Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] limit on usable luxuries

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Update] limit on usable luxuries
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:57:29 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:18:48PM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>No, I don't think so.  They are lost and gone.
> >
> >But the server can send a warning?!
>
> That's certainly possible, but I think it would be more distracting than
> helpful.  I have already noted the total and maximum in the happiness
> display, and an explanation will be also added to the helptext once the
> patch is accepted.

I would suppose everybody reads server messages. Not everybody reads
the helptext and not everybody will check the settings of every city
at every turn with the new dialog. The server can just check it and
issue a message.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it recieves a response