[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Preparations for other AIs and humans
From: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:23:56 -0500 (EST)

>> But, as with the worklist, I want my automation to continue even if my
>> client gets disconnected.  Also, again as with worklists, saving state
>> becomes a problem if it isn't all on the server.
> This could be solved by making the server spawn a "maintainance AI" when a
> client gets disconnected. Also, we can give the client the ability to save a
Good idea. What I had in mind when I read jjm's mail was an
"intelligent proxy" which is networkly located close to the server.
> Most of the information needed for automation can probably be rebuild without
> clues; ie, just reevaluate from scratch.
This is how I believe a good AI should behave.
A good AI should never use up any space in the savegame.
Also, have I mentioned before that savegames could have been
implemented as "a log of all the packets sent to the server +
random seed"?

Regards,
I.Q.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com