[Freeciv-Dev] Re: +ANCIENT ROCK ART POSSESSES MYSTERIOUS POWERS! (PR#648

To: expressemail117@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: +ANCIENT ROCK ART POSSESSES MYSTERIOUS POWERS! (PR#648)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:17:49 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 05:15:52PM -0800, expressemail117@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> FROM THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION, SUB SAHARAN AFRICA, RECENTLY DISCOVERED
> ANCIENT ROCK ART POSSESSED OF MYSTERIOUS POWERS

"Art" isn't in the tech tree yet.

[...]

> So, I bought some San Scrolls thru` the internet, framed, they are exquisite.
>
> HOWEVER
>
> Hanging on a wall or in a drawer, where-ever, when you pass them, "cosmic
> vibes"?? leap out and encompass you in an aura. Pleasant, but difficult to
> describe, possibly - count your blessings, I really don`t know.
>
> But what I do know, the curative effects of this aura are very real -
> reduction of stress and relief from depression.

True, "Medicine" comes rather late in the technology tree.
I suppose we could have a "Magic" entry ealier on with similar effects
to the United Nations wonder.

> I will be back soon and we can analyze the experience, I`ve never encountered
> anything quite like this, way beyond my ken. Words `n paintings, they don`t
> even claim curative powers, damn it - just spiritual fortitude.

Just implement it in techs.ruleset and buildings.ruleset.
No changes to the source code are required.

> In the waiting room, practically all the patients get up to look at the
> pictures, read the interpretations and then seem to relax. God imagine a
> practice on Harley Street that offers psychic healing as a treatment.
> Not much longer.

Harley Street?  Um.  Which part of the world are you referring to?

Best wishes for 2001 and do visit us at http://www.freeciv.org/.

--
Reinier