[Freeciv-Dev] Are 'scientist' hard-coded?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Are 'scientist' hard-coded?
From: Maciej Czapkiewicz <mczapkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 11:48:15 +0100

I can't figure, where are parameters for 'scientist' in ruleset files.
I wan't to change minimal city size and science output - is it possible
without code hacking?

I found, that setting max_single_rate as 40% for despotism, 50% for
Monarchy etc,
could produce new interesting strategy. But there is need to recompense
this low level by better 'scientist' output rate.
By now, I added 100% science output to palace, to remove confusing 0
advance speed
at beginig of the game (small cities are producing 0 science under 40%
max rate).
It makes sense, because capital city, especially its court, was always a
center of culture and science.

Try this: layer.uci.agh.edu.pl:5555

Regards,  MC