Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failure in Xaw client. (PR#631)

To: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failure in Xaw client. (PR#631)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:41:16 +0100

On Thursday 21 December 2000 23:41, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
> > Latest CVS:
> >
> > civclient: government.c:149: get_government: Forutsetningen (assertion)
> > «game.government_count > 0 && gov >= 0 && gov < game.government_count»
> > feilet.
> >
> > This happened when ordering a diplomat to inspect one of the enemy's
> > cities.
>
>  This one adds new infolevel INFO_INVESTIGATE between INFO_MINIMUM and
> INFO_MEETING. Information of this level (government type) is sent to
> player when he is investigating enemy cities.
>
>  This is backward compatible solution (keeps present and past clients
> running). I'll create better handling to this problem later, but it will
> require changes in both server and client side, so this patch is required
> for backward compatibility even then.
>

>  Caz
>
> --

OK, so you open the displayed city window, and it is displayed correct.  Now
what if you get sent the player info again, for some reason, and the city
window is then refreshed for some reason. *crash*. I can't just now contruct
a situation where this could happen, but I can't rule it out either. A
possible fix would be to give each city it's own govenment I think. Until
that is done, I think we should just send the government regardless. (unless
someone has some persuasive arguments not to.)

-Thue