Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failure in Xaw client. (PR#631)

To: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Assertion failure in Xaw client. (PR#631)
From: Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:37:09 -0600

Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:

> In Civ2, if you inspect a city with a diplomat/spy you gain the right
> to inspect it whenever you feel like for the remainder of the turn.
> So the window shouldn't go away before the end of the turn, at least.
> It would also be nice to be able to close the window and then click on
> the city later (during the same turn) and have it appear again.

For that matter, a client that wanted to be helpful would save that data
and let you look at it whenever you wanted to... but if it wasn't
generated by an actual inspect action, it'd tell you how old the report
was.

Three hundred turns ago might not be that helpful... but three would be,
if there's just something you wanted to check on.

No doubt I'm free to code that if I desire, of course. (:

 - Asher