Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Move completed

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Move completed
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:21:01 -0800

Cut and paste from website news.
<paste>
We are now hosted on a much faster network that should be better
connected to almost everyone.  A big thanks to Ben Ciaccio for putting
a webpage up at the old address to redirect folks over here.  In a week
most peoples DNS should be updated.

We also have a new civserver.freeciv.org.  I am excited that the new
machine will enable us to develope the game more fully by having the
capacity for many more concurrent servers (alternate rulesets come to
mind).  Many thanks to Loren Skeels for his help in getting the new
machine running.  Thanks also to Reinier Post for helping set up the
software on the new machine (He actually wrote almost all the code
running on civserver.freeciv.org, old and new).

It all went pretty well.  During the move I added a HDD to
www.freeciv.org, which should give us some room to grow.  I also patched
the OS.  Everything seems to up and running smoothly.  The metaserver may
appear a little empty as peoples DNS caches need to expire.
</paste>

--
Paul Zastoupil