Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Huts with Horde of barbarians (PR#629)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Huts with Horde of barbarians (PR#629)
From: omartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:20:00 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Otto Martin
Version: 1.11.4
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: Linux version 2.2.10
Submission from: (NULL) (130.230.1.90)

When a hut is opened with all the surrounding squares occupied
(by my own units in this case, but I'd guess it does't matter),
and the "Horde of Barbarians"-result follows, the games crashes
with a "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"-message. I saw the the
units appear in the square of the hut just before the game crashed.

Hmm. Upon testing, it appears that this will not happen if the hut
is situated next to water; in this case, the barbarians all get on
a boat...

I'd guess this has to do with units of different players occupying the
same space.