Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Memory leak (PR#605)

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>, guenther.berger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Memory leak (PR#605)
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:18:52 -0800

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 02:35:46PM +0100, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> I have a native windows client (without gtk).
> It already has:
>    a working map window with units blinking (no memory leak)
>    a connect dialog.
>    a working menu.
>    a message window (append_output_window works)
>
> The other dialogs are missing.
> It is much faster than the gtk client (esp. scrolling the map).
> It works fine with wine (tested with Wine release 20000109 on linux)
> and win95. I have not tested it on other windows versions.
>
> When it is a bit more complete I will release test versions and a port
> to cvs.
>
> Greetings
> Andreas Kemnade

Well even though I am not a big windows fan, all I can say is Yeeha!

About 90% of the time I am asked to help someone with getting Freeciv
running, its on a windows machine.  A real native GUI would really be
wonderful for those people who can't (for whatever reason) get their
hands on an OS where Freeciv is more stable.

Thank you so much Andreas and keep up the good work.

--
Paul Zastoupil