Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Embassy improvement

To: Erik Sandström <f98ersa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Embassy improvement
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:11:54 -0600

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 04:03:53PM +0100, Erik Sandström wrote:
> My idea is that you should bee able to upgrade your embassy. It could
> perhaps bee done by moving in a second diplomat and choose upgrade
> embassy. The embassy could have different levels. For example.

        Information available in the Embassy was controlled by the game
difficulty level in Civ1 and Civ2.
        Information available included:
        Ruler name.
        AI attributes. (Perfectionist, Civilized, Warlike, etc)
        Capital city.
        Government.
        Treasury size.
        Foreign Affairs.  (At War w/ any nations, Peace, etc)
        Technologies.  (Up to 8, not sure entirely how they were chosen).

        Total number of military units was also available information, but
no breakdown.

        The Demographics report would list the leader in each category if
you had an embassy with them.

        Embassies also popped up a dialog box on the turn Technology was
acquired, describing the method.  (Aztecs get Metallurgy from English,
English get Navigation from Great Library, Indians Research Rocketry, etc.)

> Level 1. Could bee the same as it is today and it is established by a
> diplomat.
>
> Level 2. Would let you know more like his amount of military units and
> the stats in the demographics. It is established by a second diplomat.
>
> Level 3. This level will let you know more. You will see his amount of sea
> units, both transport ships and military ships. You will also see his
> amount of military land units. This level could be established by a third
> diplomat.
>
> Level 4. This level will bee the ultimate. You will see the exact amount
> he has of every unit. This level will have to bee established by a SPY.

        Why should this information be so easily available?  Investigate
City then becomes a less useful Spy action.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."