Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Embassy improvement

To: Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Embassy improvement
From: Erik Sandström <f98ersa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:03:53 +0100 (MET)

hej!

My idea is that you should bee able to upgrade your embassy. It could
perhaps bee done by moving in a second diplomat and choose upgrade
embassy. The embassy could have different levels. For example.

Level 1. Could bee the same as it is today and it is established by a
diplomat.

Level 2. Would let you know more like his amount of military units and
the stats in the demographics. It is established by a second diplomat.

Level 3. This level will let you know more. You will see his amount of sea
units, both transport ships and military ships. You will also see his
amount of military land units. This level could be established by a third
diplomat.

Level 4. This level will bee the ultimate. You will see the exact amount
he has of every unit. This level will have to bee established by a SPY.

There could also bee an upkeep for the different kind of embassy. Level
1-3 doesn't say very much. A battleship is for example 8 times stronger
than an ironclad. So level 1-3 shouldn't bee so expensive. Level 4 on the
other hand will let you have very important imformation and should
therefore bee very expensive.

You opponent goverment could also influence your embassy. Goverments like
democracy and the republic wich is of a more free nature could be easier
to have an embassy in. Goverments like monarchy and commnunism could bee
harder.

I think it is good idea that you have some basic knowledge about your
opponents military capacity. If you look at history i think that the
kingdoms has had a basic knowledge about their enemies forces.

/Erik Sandström