Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: OSF1 V4.0D 878 alpha port

To: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: OSF1 V4.0D 878 alpha port
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Oct 2000 18:16:22 +0100

Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Gaute Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > >   2. the char variables are unsigned by default in GCC,
> >
> > You're wrong.  A char are signed by default in GCC, for consistency
> > with other integer types.
>
> Well, you're wrong, too :) chars are signed on some platforms with
> gcc, and unsigned on others.

Oops.  I would have checked if only the gcc docs were installed on
this machine.

The is an -fsigned-char option that can be used to override the
default, though.  Maybe this could be used to find out if this is
really the source of the warnings.

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
It was a JOKE!!  Get it??  I was receiving messages