Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] About windows-FAQ

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] About windows-FAQ
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:34:54 +0300

Freeciv Windows-FAQ, IMO, should be cleared/modified a bit.
My opinion is that all the X-server stuff should be removed
(and Todd's opinion about running freeciv on windows) or at
least moved to bottom of the page, because it is THE
document a windoze user reads first and when he/she is told about
X-servers and that kind of things he will definitely be CONFUSED!
Same thing on download page, some people SURELY have troubleful decision:
whether to download windows or windows+x -packet (as the windows-
only-version is always the best decision).

I noticed while playing freeciv at our school's LAN that Andreas's native
windows port is SO COOL that every windows user should use it.
We have had great time with my freeciv mates and no problems occurred
at all!

Let's not confuse stupid WINDOZE USERS, just let them play and
enjoy!

(of course, there can be some linux addvertisement in Freeciv
pages, but that shouldn't be done like that!)

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is