Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: About windows-FAQ

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Todd Goodman <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: About windows-FAQ
From: Todd Goodman <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 08:31:55 -0400

* Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx> [001015 08:16]:
> AFAIK gtk can be build without pthreads. I use a hand-drawn
> gtk-config, imlib-config and a hand-corrected config.h. I do not
> distribute pthread.dll because freeciv doesn't need. The other sources
> are available on my freeciv page which is linked to the windows faq.
> The patch against the original freeciv source is now in the archive, too.

I'll rebuild again then.

> Your link could be something like this:
> For experienced windows users:
> Hints for using freeciv with X11

Yes, that sounds good.

> Does your build use fdopen? configure says there is a working fdopen
> but it does not work in the way freeciv uses it. I undefined
> HAVE_FDOPEN in my config.h.win32. Do you use my patch? The only
> problem I see is the memory leak of windows-gtk.

I've used your patch.  I'll have to check about the fdopen (honestly,
it's been a while since the last time I tried).

I haven't noticed a memory leak in the cygwin X11 build of GTK (which
doesn't mean it's not there).  That's a pretty big problem.

> I also think there should be X11 versions for every arch. I also use
> X11 freeciv on an amiga (running debian gnu/linux on it).
>
> But using the native versions is always easier for people who do not
> use X11 anyway.

Yes, I certainly agree.

> Greetings
> Andreas Kemnade