Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation blues on IRIX (PR#560)

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: killes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation blues on IRIX (PR#560)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Sep 2000 14:51:55 +0200

David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2000,
> Gerhard Killesreiter <killes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 16 Sep 2000, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
>
> [ Compiling freeciv from CVS on system without GNU xgettext fails,
>   due to lacking freeciv.pot; see also previous post ]
>
> > > Alternatively, just configure with --disable-nls or
> > > --with-included-gettext, depending on whether you really want nls or
> > > not.
>
> Using --with-included-gettext doesn't help in this case, since you
> still need to get freeciv.pot somehow.

I was under the impression that intl/ included its own command-line
tools.  My bad.

I think that "touch freeciv.pot" or somesuch would probably help the
compile to limp along, though it wouldn't be of any help if you
actually want to do translations.

> The re-cap, the workarounds are:
>
> - install GNU gettext package to get GNU xgettext (then remove
>   config.cache and re-configure -- does this scenario introduce any
>   configure problems finding the right parts etc?)

Beware of a stale intl/libintl.h .  I don't think that's documented
anywhere.

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
Does that mean I'm not a well-adjusted person??