Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation blues on IRIX (PR#560)

To: Gerhard Killesreiter <killes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation blues on IRIX (PR#560)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Sep 2000 20:45:25 +0200

Gerhard Killesreiter <killes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 17 Sep 2000, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
>
> On a related point:
> It would be nice, if the configure-script would produce some sort of
> summary at the end:
>
> Freeciv was configured as follows:
>
> prefix=/<what>/<ever>
> .
> .
> .
>
> Clients:
> e.g. Gtk
>

> with(out) NLS
>
> and so on.

Well, the configure script does tell you about the tests it does and
their results as you go along.  I suppose you would like a bit more of
a birds-eye view, though.

I've seen some programs (notably Emacs) that will tell you how it was
configured when you make bug reports and so on.  It might be useful to
record this sort of information in civserver and civclient and tell
people to cite it when making bug reports.  I'm not sure how to
implement that, but it's probably not too hard to find out from the
autoconf docs.

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
NOW, I'm supposed to SCRAMBLE two, and HOLD th' MAYO!!