Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation blues on IRIX (PR#560)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Compilation blues on IRIX (PR#560)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Sep 2000 07:05:27 +0200

Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * "Gaute" == Gaute B Strokkenes schrieb am 15 Sep 2000 03:48:22 +0200:
>
> > Doh! I'm being silly. What I really meant to ask was: could you send
> > us the output from ./configure?
>
> Sure, though I doubt that it helps. The error only occurs when doing
> the compilation.

Off course, but a compile that dies might very well indicate that the
configure script has failed to detect the system configuration
properly.

> BTW: Freeciv seems to not compile with -lm by default. At least I get
> a fatal problem when using Eriks river patch. Not on Linux, however.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean that Freeciv doesn't compile
if you link with libm, or that Freeciv forgets to link with it when it
should?  I haven't looked at Erik's patch myself.

> checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
> checking for gmsgfmt... msgfmt
> checking for xgettext... :

Here we have the culprit, I think.  As suspected, configure seems to
think that your xgettext program is ":".

Looking through the aclocal.m4 that comes with gettext, it appears
that this is actually intentional.  (The colon is the shell no-op.)
Maybe that .pot really should be in CVS, after all.  I can email you
mine, if you'd like.

Alternatively, just configure with --disable-nls or
--with-included-gettext, depending on whether you really want nls or
not.

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
..Are we having FUN yet...?