Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [ObjectCiv-devel] GUI

To: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Cc: objectciv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [ObjectCiv-devel] GUI
From: gs234@xxxxxxxxx (Gaute B. Strokkenes)
Date: 13 Sep 2000 00:02:23 +0200

Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx> writes:

> With Qt, Freeciv could use the same client on:
>           AIX - 3.2 or later.
>           BSDI/OS - 2.0 or later
>           DG/UX
>           Digital UNIX (OSF/1) - 3.0 or later
>           FreeBSD - 2.1 or later
>           HP-UX - 10.20 or later
>           Irix - 6.x.
>           Linux
>           NetBSD
>           OS/2 (with XFree86)
>           QNX
>           SCO UNIX
>           Solaris - 2.4 or later
>           SunOS - 4.1 or later
>           Windows 95
>           Windows 98
>           Windows NT - 4.0 or later
>           XLib on Windows

Qt on Windows and other non-unix platforms is not free (speech or
beer) or open source, so we can't use it (on Windows.)  Also, I'm
pretty sure that Gtk+ is about as portable on unix platforms as Qt is.

Off course, I someone wants to create a Qt client for Freeciv I'm all
for it.  But I don't see it giving us anything we don't have today.

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
Wait..  is this a FUN THING or the END of LIFE in Petticoat Junction??