[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units take-over (capturing)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units take-over (capturing)
From: "Marc Strous" <marc_strous@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:30:06 CEST

another suggestion to make combat-combat-unit combat more interesting:

make it possible for the defender to retreat.

currently this could probably only be implemented as a random event. in the CTP modpack i am still working on this could be done more naturally, because the combat proceeds in "rounds", and you might retreat after the first "round" (which could mean surrendering your city) effects on the game: on average more units will remain on the map, which would require more tactical insight from the players.

marc