[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units take-over (capturing)

To: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>;Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Units take-over (capturing)
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 01:46:01 +0200

Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx> napisał:
> > OK, this is my thought: Currently you can only attack units
> > while there are non-military units which it seems one should
> > be able to 'take prison' or rather take-over, for example
> > caravans. It seems logical that you capture the camels and so on
> > and you can use them as you wish. My proposal: to make possible
> > to take over such units: if they are left alone undefended
> > on a tile, moving over does make make them be killed but they
> > change the ownership. It would be controlled by a unit flag in
> > the ruleset file so it shouldn't hurt anyone who doesn't like it.
>
> I would like to support your take-over proposal. It seems logical to me.

In colonization, where this system comes from, you can capture one unit/attack
and have one attack/turn (and can lose). It would be very wrong if one could
take over 6 tile with some units just moving along the road.
It'd be better if one had to attack and win against some minor value (1 ?)
before taking over.