[Freeciv-Dev] Re: aifill doesn't work properly.

To: gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: aifill doesn't work properly.
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:10:51 +1000 (EST)

Big Gaute <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, I'd say that the explanation given is the exact opposite of
> what actually happens.  If I set minplayers to 1 and aifill to 3,
> connect and then start the game, no ai players are created.  As such
> aifill would seem to be a complete no-op.

Have you actually tried that?  I cannot reproduce what you suggest:

: For introductory help, type 'help'.
: > set minplayers 1
: Option: minplayers has been set to 1.
: > set aifill 3
: Option: aifill has been set to 3.
: >
: 1: Connection request from dwp with client version 1.10.5-devel
: 1: <dwp@ambiguity> has joined the game.
: > start
: 1: Rosas has been added as an AI-controlled player.
: 1: Kim Ir Sen has been added as an AI-controlled player.
: > list
: List of players:
: Sargon (human, dwp) is connected from ambiguity
: Rosas (AI, easy) is not being observed
: Kim Ir Sen (AI, easy) is not being observed

Works just how I would expect.

-- David