[Freeciv-Dev] Re: aifill doesn't work properly.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: aifill doesn't work properly.
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:03:19 +0200

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 06:11:25PM +1000, David Pfitzner wrote:
> Big Gaute wrote:
>
> > > set minplayers 3
> > Option: minplayers has been set to 3.
> > > set aifill 3
> > Option: aifill has been set to 3.
> > >
> > 1: Connection request from gs234 with client version 1.10.5-devel
> > 1: <gs234@donald> has joined the game.
> > > start
> > Not enough players, game will not start.
>
> I think it is just that 'aifill' players do not count towards
> 'minplayers'.  This existing behaviour seems reasonable and
> consistent to me.

I disagree: manually created AI players count, aifilled ones don't,

> : > help minpl
> : Option: minplayers  -  Minimum number of players
> :   There must be at least this many players (connected players or AI's)
> before
> :  the game can start.

Whether or not this is consistent with the actual behaviour seems open to
interpretation.  I'm not sure the 'minplayers' makes any more sense if
games are no longer autostarted when minplayers is reached.  Why not just
remove it?

--
Reinier Post