[Freeciv-Dev] Re: aifill doesn't work properly.

To: gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: aifill doesn't work properly.
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:11:25 +1000 (EST)

Big Gaute wrote:

> > set minplayers 3
> Option: minplayers has been set to 3.
> > set aifill 3
> Option: aifill has been set to 3.
> >
> 1: Connection request from gs234 with client version 1.10.5-devel
> 1: <gs234@donald> has joined the game.
> > start
> Not enough players, game will not start.

I think it is just that 'aifill' players do not count towards
'minplayers'.  This existing behaviour seems reasonable and
consistent to me.  The help for minplayers (see below) does
not say it this way explicitly (and could thus be improved),
but IMO is entirely consistent with this interpretation.
(That is, the AI's refered to below are ones created explicitly
using the 'create' command.)

: > help minpl
: Option: minplayers  -  Minimum number of players
:   There must be at least this many players (connected players or AI's) before
:  the game can start.

Regards,
-- David