[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Watchtowers

To: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Watchtowers
From: "martin.mcmahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 22:23:40 +0100

Hello Cameron the satellites should have a life time of say 10 - 20 turns.

On 17-Jun-00, Cameron Morland wrote:
> On 17 Jun 2000, Falk Hueffner wrote:
>
>> The problem is thta currently terrain improvements have no owner,
>> while watchtowers, of course, should only serve their owner. This
>> would make problems when pillaging the tower: it is not obvious whose
>> vibibility count to decrement. Does anybody know a workaround for
>> that, or would the only possibility be to introduce an "owner" field
>> for each tile?
>
> I was thinking a similar thing earlier, but thinking more about making spy
> satellites. Such a creation would either be geostationary (staying above
> the same point on the planet) or in some other sort of orbit, in which
> case it would carve out a elliptical swath around the planet, and if set
> up appropriately (polar orbit, I guess), would give images of the entire
> board. Thoughts? It didn't seem that it would be terribly hard to code.
>

> +----------------------------------------------------------
> | PGP http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/student/cjmorlan/pgp.txt
> | cjmorland@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> |
> | God, root, what is [the] difference?
> |     --Pitr

Regards
--
E-mail : martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E-mail Pager 07713442670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chat on #Rabble  uk3.arcnet.vapor.com port6667
see http://rabbled.cjb.net

Get Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org

Member of G.A.U.G (Glasgow Amiga User Group)
gaug-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx