[Freeciv-Dev] Re: transform to/from ocean bug (patch)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: transform to/from ocean bug (patch)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 23:41:00 -0400

At 2000/05/31 17:45 , Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
>We forgot to reset the unit's activity when we moved it. This is now
>build into move_unit().

I tested this a bit, and found a couple of things.

First, I had an Engineers transform a 1-square island into ocean, with a
Transport parked next to the island.  The Engineers moved onto the
Transport's square -- but its "carried_by" field was not changed to the ID
of the Transport (it remained -1).  This seems wrong to me.

Second, I did some "extreme terrain modification" testing.  I used my
favorite save-file (an all-AI game, saved in 4000BC), but I modified
terrain.ruleset to make changing land forms into Forest and into Swam and,
finally, into Ocean very cheap (I set them all to 1).  This resulted in
*many* "Get_def bugged" errors _even with this patch applied_ (and, this
patch is supposed to prevent these errors).

jjm