Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some ideas

To: Freeciv dev list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some ideas
From: Robert Rendell <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 14:52:27 +1000 (EST)

Jules Bean wrote:
} On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 10:36:52AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
} > Tomasz Wegrzanowski (maniek@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
} > > If transporter ship sunks, and there was land units capable to
} > > move on it, and next field is land (or transporter), they shoudn't
} > > sunk too, but they should be able to enter land.
} >
} > Interesting... that would have to be turned off in Civ2-compatibilty
} > mode, of course.
}
} This seems unrealistic to me.  If a transport is sunk at sea,
} everything goes down with it

... but if they're close to shore, they might swim there.  OTOH, I don't
know that catapults or armour are any good at swimming :)  Perhaps it would
only work for infantry-like units.  Also, they could perhaps arrive on the
shore somewhat damaged by the ordeal.

I think it's a cute concept, but I'm not convinced it would improve the
game.

                                                        Have fun,
                                                         Rob R.
                                                          \((/