Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Some ideas

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Some ideas
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 14:44:10 +0200

I know, I should code it myself.
But I hope someone will like some of them and I'll have less work.

1.
two messages,
that improvement is done,
and that a new one is being build,
should be merged

2.
There should be command goto_city, and before asciibetical city lists
there should be 5 cities that was last selected.

3.
City build choosebox' items should have in sequence :
units, improvements, wonders, obsoleted wonders.
Current scheme is inconvienient

4.
There shouldn't be any villages on Antarctis

5.
Make an option (global or per-unit) to decrese attack power
of navy when attacking land unit.

6.
That should definitely be an option if at all implemented.
There was a trick in colonization that two AIs could merge
(if human player was too strong). We could implement it too,
so the single-player game would be interesting a little longer.

7.
If transporter ship sunks, and there was land units capable to
move on it, and next field is land (or transporter), they shoudn't
sunk too, but they should be able to enter land.

8.
Creating new AIs during game.
With a lot of resources (not 2 settlers+explorer)
and modern science (medium of 2-3 best players')
so they would be important part of the game.

9.
dispersion (?) server option.
Instead of having all start-units in one place,
they would be placed on random place inside circle
of given radius.
This can be first a part of kickstart.

10.
messages could be colored,
red   - bad
blue  - good
green - informative
or another scheme to faciliate distinguishing them