Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: somebody fix struct *player! (was: FoW remove player b

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: somebody fix struct *player! (was: FoW remove player bug)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:15:57 +1000 (EST)

Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  If you really wanted to
> get rid of the renumbering a much easier solution would be to disable the
> player removing ability once the game has started.

Yes, I would favour this.  The fact that you can remove a player
-- including all the player's cities and units -- part way through
a game seems bizarre to me...  Eg, one moment the Americans have
conquered most of the planet, the next they vanish completely...

(But if you did want to keep that "feature", you could also just
"kill" the player, without renumbering.  The only small disadvantage
would be not freeing up a player slot (eg, for civil wars.))

-- David