Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv-Dev Client interface

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv-Dev Client interface
From: Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 13:07:38 GMT

Hi,

I can't make any promises either since my free time is pretty limited
as well, but I'm going to try to get more familiar with the code and
look into the required framework.

I'll definitely keep in mind the points you brought up below.

Regards,

Todd

On 5/5/00, 12:42:36 AM, Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
regarding [Freeciv-Dev] Client interface (was: how to improve the AI's
attack (was: old/bad code in autoattack.c (PR#351))):

> Hi folks.

[SNIP]

> The bottom line is, I think the packet interface that already exists
is
> most of the way there.  An audit of what information is sent to which
> clients would be of great use.  Extending the packet interface to
allow
> selective information or actions would nicely round things out.  And,
of
> course, a nice piece of documentation, and some sample client code,
would
> help a lot (surprisingly, both of which I probably already have).

> So, who wants to start coding?  8)

> Corey

> P.S.  I doubt I'll take this project on by myself anytime soon;
probably
> not before mid-June.  If someone else wants to work on this, though,
I'd