Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client interface

To: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client interface
From: Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 12:52:36 GMT

I agree and would like to get a framework that is flexible enough
to allow people to plug in their language of choice.

Regards,

Todd

On 5/5/00, 1:21:33 AM, =?BIG5?B?vbKr7bXY?= <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
regarding [Freeciv-Dev] Client interface:

> >  of freeciv is actually pretty good. I don't think anyone minded
having
> >  to build packets and stuff them down a TCP connection.  Moreover, I'm
> The problem is you need to keep up to date with the ever changing
protocol.
> Text based protocol could also open up many other possibilities like
play by mail, http, telnet, etc.
http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/poll.cgi?num=30)
> If you search the archive, there have been hot debates on the best
language to use for AI client.
> This list will be more peaceful if everyone is Free to choose their
prefered programming language.