Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Gov't vvhange bug (PR#362)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Gov't vvhange bug (PR#362)
From: skorpion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 08:03:36 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Vincent
Version: 1.10.0
Client: Gtk+
OS: redhat linux 6.0
Submission from: (NULL) (167.206.61.205)

Problem: When changes governemt types, you can end up with illegal
tax settings for your new government.

To reproduce, first get some additional governemtns. I did it using
Republic first, then maxing my science rate. Later, when I switched to
Monarchy the rate was not reduced.

This may not be a bug, but I couldn't find any documentation for max
rates vs gov't type, so I suppose it is possible that Monarcy is allowed
a 70% science rate (but I don't think that is right)

Vincent