Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Corruption - Civil Disorder (PR#355)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Corruption - Civil Disorder (PR#355)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:37:55PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 07:16:47AM -0700, jon_mikko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > If you use emperor/despotism it would be like this:
> >
> > 1-4 cities, all disorder at size 4.
> > 5-8 cities, four first cities disorder at size 4, 5:th to 8:th disorder at
> > size
> > 3.
> > 9-12 cities, four first disorder at size 4, 5:th to 8:th disorder at size 3,
> > 9:th to 12:th disorder at size 2.
> > and so on... reducing disorder size with one for every 4 cities you have.

This is implemented in Freeciv:

  /set cityfactor 4

> > For monarchy it would be every 6:th city that reduced disorder size, and on
> > republic every 8:th city...

This is not implemented; afaik, cityfactor does not depend on gvernment.

> [...] I'm not sure it
> would work -- the 'many, many small cities' strategy is formed mainly
> of cities of size 2, is it not?

No, most of them are size 1, if all is well.

> So they wouldn't be in disorder for
> quite a while, anyhow.

True, but after expansion is finished, they will start to grow.

The game may deteriorate into a race for Michelangelo's / JS Bach's.

> Comments?

I've never tried

  /set cityfactor 4

We can set it to be the default on civserver.freeciv.org
and observe the results.

--
Reinier Post