Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv Debian package build in CVS

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv Debian package build in CVS
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 15:46:42 +0100

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 05:43:19PM +0300, Heikki Kantola wrote:
> I tried today to compile latest FreeCiv version straight from the CVS
> and as I'm using Debian GNU/Linux "woody" I decided to use the included
> build.debian-script. But unfortunately unlike earlier that didn't work
> as the process fails at: "dh_installchangelogs: Cannot specify an
> upstream changelog for a native debian package." As the contents (and
> most importantly changelog-file) of debian-directory in CVS appear to
> date from v1.9.0-era I took the official Debian 1.10.0-1 source patch
> and thought that might help, but that only fixes the versioning quirk.
> So can somebody tell me what what's wrong?

Hmm.

I have it working here ;-) Sadly, I can't remember what I had to hack.
If I don't get back to you in a day or so, hassle me, and I'll go
check ;-)

Jules

(debian maintainer)

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable