Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: #define $#@$%! template

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: #define $#@$%! template
From: Dan Gohman <gohmandj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:08:34 -0500

What would people think about writing freeciv in c++?

Ways in which freeciv would benifit:

- Language support for objects (unit, city, player, etc.)
- STL collections to replace the speclist stuff and the hashing code
- real iterators instead of big cpp macros.

I've done a little bit of hacking on this on my local tree, and I think
this could be a worthwhile thing. IMO the code looks a lot cleaner.

I'm open to discussion.

-Dan

--
Dan Gohman