Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 12 new nations

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 12 new nations
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:36:33 +1000 (EST)

=?iso-8859-1?q?Jan=20Heidefuss?= <jan_heidefuss@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This time my patch is tested and includes 12 nations:

> I changed MAX_NUM_NATIONS to 127 in common/nation.h

Sorry, but that is not sufficient.  Just because something is
#defined, does not mean it can be safely changed! :-}

Specifically, during nation selection, a packet_generic_values
is sent to clients containing two 32-bit ints, to say which nations
are selected so far.  To have MAX_NUM_NATIONS 127 would have to
change this to send 128 bits of information instead.  (Not sure
if there may be other similar complications; should check.)

-- David