Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: jjm: Fix bug in recent transitive unit upgrade patch..

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: jjm: Fix bug in recent transitive unit upgrade patch...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:05:20 +1000 (EST)

>  an automated notification of a change to freeciv cvs,
> on Fri Apr 21 06:05:31 PDT 2000 = Fri Apr 21 13:05:31 2000 (GMT)
> by Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Fix bug in recent transitive unit upgrade patch whereby unit production
> in cities were upgraded to themselves each turn.

I was also looking at this, before coming on-line to find that Jeff
had already fixed it -- thanks.

Anyway, while doing so I was disconcerted to find that we have two
functions called "upgrade_unit":
-- a "public" upgrade_unit() in server/unithand.h
-- a static upgrade_unit() in cityturn.c (which doesn't include
   unithand.h)

These functions have different signatures and very different effects
(one returns a value, the other actually upgrades a unit), and I
think one of them should be renamed to avoid potential confusion.

-- David