Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (unfinished)patch: improved trade and commodities.rule

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (unfinished)patch: improved trade and commodities.ruleset
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:02:49 +0100

Hello Thue

On 25-Mar-00, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> Not to be ungratefull, but I think the trade part of civ I/II didn't
> really work. It was a pain to move the caravans individually, and an even
> greater pain to match them against cities.

I can't see a real problem in this. It also allows the supply routes
which also have sense and could be very useful. I also think that these
supply routes are more realistic...

> Maybe we should consider this
> part of civ defunct and implement our own alternative!?

Implementing the civ like trade doesn't mean that we couldn't
implement it also in a different way but since the civ2 like trade
is a the high-priority, short-term goal for the next release I
decided to start coding on this goal.

Any improvements to the trade system could be done later (because
this also needs some design work)...

bye,
Sebastian Bauer