Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: authentication required (was: The guy from .algonet.se

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: authentication required (was: The guy from .algonet.se)
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:04:46 +0000

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 07:23:52PM +0000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 09:59:55AM +0100, Reinier Post was heard to say:
>
> A lot of good ideas were said here about this problem.  As a former MUD
> administrator, i have some experience on the problems of nasty players
> wreaking havok on a game... :(

I haven't been following the discussion, but key-based authentication
isn't that hard to do... the disadvantage is that it does raise the
'barrier of entry' for new players...

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable