Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: authentication required (was: The guy from .algonet.s

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: authentication required (was: The guy from .algonet.se)
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:54:37 -0800

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
<snip>
> Why not just disallow the use of the /remove command? I personally find it
> kinda useless.  Oh, yeah, the /disconnect command also. (*)
>
> /quit and /save should only be allowed by the user which launched the
> server (admin), '/save' can be used to lag the server (MUD players used to
> do that) if you keep saving the game over and over.  This way, the game
> should be autosaved with a unique ID/name, players can then continue the
> game of that ID (this ID should of course be mentioned to all players).
> The game is autosaved if you /quit while a game is in progress (*)

Maybe the cmdlevels and available commands needs to be reworked?

> (is the /quit command allowed?)
>
> There should be a unique directory to save games, players should not be
> allowed to save games in any other directory. (*)
> This is probably also already implemented.
>
> Games not played for over 1 week (for example) should be erased from the
> save directory. (*)

Currently civserver.freeciv.org saves the game every turn.  The last
save file is available from the webserver in case the game crashed or
every quit to resume later.

The game cannot be resumed on civserver however, that functionality is
not yet available.

--
Paul Zastoupil