Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: windows port

To: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: windows port
From: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Kemnade)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:17:55 +0100 (CET)

Daniel Zinsli writes:
 > akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Kemnade) writes:
 >
 > > I am back now.
 >
 > Great! :-)
 > Was there a problem compiling a win-version of freeciv with gtk as
 > mentioned earlier?
 >
 > Do you plan on compiling the newest freeciv? It might take me a lot of
 > time until I will be able to do that.
 >
 > Thanks for the info on installing the x-compiler, i'll try it soon.

I compiled the version of 23th February but there were gfx
problems (mainly in the city dialog). The first version did only work on win95.
(It crashes on
winnt and win98). A quite ugly hack made it at least start on win98.

I tried to compile the version of yesterday. I tried to use a newer
version of gtk but it crashes soon.

Andreas Kemnade
akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx