Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] windows port

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] windows port
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Mar 2000 08:21:30 +0100

I checked out the windows port of freeciv, recently, based on 1.8.0
methinks, and it seemed to work ok.

Now that gtk seems semi-stable under windows, it seems that the biggest
obstacle is the networking code.
Obviously, the network-code seemed to work in that port.

Is there any chance of merging that code with the current cvs, thus
allowing us to support win32 'out of the box', with generic
net-subsystem and (almost) unmodified gui-gtk ?

Having the current version for win32 would be a nice plus, given the
numerous windows l^Husers out there :-)

Note that it's easy for me to _want_ this done, it's another thing
altogether if it's possible :-)
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway