Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] patch: hash.c (PR#318)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: hash.c (PR#318)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:36:25 -0800 (PST)

This patch splits the hashing functionality currently in registry.c
into a separate module common/hash.[ch].  At the moment hash.c is
missing some important functionality in terms of being a general
hashing implementation (resizing the table and deleting elements),
but it should be straightforward to extend.

(Yes, maybe we should just use glib, but so long as we're not doing
so...)

(The purpose of this is to have cleaner code in registry.c, and
allow general hashing functionality elsewhere in the code, eg
tilespec.c (currently uses registry as hash table), and compact
id -> pointer mapping without id reuse.)

-- David