Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Nations

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Nations
From: John-Marc Chandonia <jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:08:32 -0800

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 11:11:42AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > > Tomasz, are you trolling? Yankies is a (mildly) offensive slang nick-name.
> > Like 'Sioux'.
> My dictionary doesn't list it as slang or offensive, in my defense.

Hmm... there's an idea.  Keep a list of derogatory nicknames for
each civilization.  When you're at war with somebody, your client
refers to them using the offensive slang!

OK, I didn't say it was a -good- idea.

JMC
--
John-Marc Chandonia (jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)              We're everywhere...
Cohen Lab, University of California San Francisco       for your convenience.