Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug in attacking and keyboard (PR#286)

To: seekles@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug in attacking and keyboard (PR#286)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:23:12 +1100 (EST)

Dennis Seekles wrote:

> Version: 1.10.0
> Client: Both (or N/A)

> 1) When the computer moves units it seems to be able to attack after it
> used up it full amount of movement. So a chariot moves two squares and
> after that attacks my chariot. This is impossible in my eyes but
> continually occurs. It can be taken in account but still is a big nuisance.

What the AI player is doing is waiting until just before the end
of turn to move (ie after you press end-turn, but before the turn
is "officially" over), and then moving again (attacking) immediatly
at the start of the next turn (before you get to do anything).

IMO this is unfair, but I've never got around to "fixing" it
(and it may be non-trivial without over-damaging the AI).

> 2) After installing the new freeciv version I couldn't use the numlock keys
> for diagonal movement anymore, the rest works fine by the way, in the older
> versions I didn't have the problem. My operating system is Unix with a
> sparc-solaris 2.7 version.

Which client are you using?  (And which client were you using
with older versions?)

Regards,
-- David