[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Valutas patch + HELP !

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Valutas patch + HELP !
From: "Alexandre BERAUD" <a_beraud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:22:59 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

>I think, just to be interesting you could change Dúnedain to "mithril".

>This was a more valuable metal than gold, and could have easily been
>used as money.

There are very few references to money in Tolkien's books. But I think
gold is better, because mithril is extremely rare and even if there
could be mithril coins, there would also be plenty of gold ones.
Moreover, mithril is a very very hard metal and only dwarves could make
coins with it.
But I admit it would be fun and original to use it in Freeciv.

>(Although if someone wanted to get technical they could make a case
that
>it was too rare.)

Indeed. only available in the Moria. Would you like to go there and dig
a little ;o)

>If Mordor does get included, I think "elf ears" would be appropriate,
>however, this is very far from standard PayCiv... people should know
>what they are getting into if they select Mordor! ;)

Wow, and players could incarnate Sauron ????? :o))

Nom, I have a request. It has been months since I have played Freeciv
for the last time. Some of you might remember my poor old bad-installed
Slackware distro. Recently I installed Slack 7 and then, installed
Freeciv 1.9.? but when I try to connect with the client, it doesn't
find the server. I can't remember the message and I don't have my
computer here, but do you know what might be the problem (any program
lacking ?).
Another question: why is Freeciv so big, now ? Can't fit on a single
disk.

Best regards,

Alex