[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Experience and questions after some games

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Experience and questions after some games
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 01:57:45 +0100

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 11:21:08AM -0500, Raimar Falke wrote:

>       1) Leader names: The game could remember the chosen or entered
>               leader name. Maybe one choice per nation.

Is there another place to store this data besides the client rc file?

>       3) Cities doesn't update there stats when some external thing (tax
>               rate changes or a unit, which needs support from the city, is
>               disbanded) has changed. I have to force a recalculation, for
>               example by clicking with the right button at the city in the
>               mini map.

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem under the two conditions mentioned
above. I have to pay more attention to the conditions the next time.

>       5) Ordering: It looks like entries in the science menu are ordered
>               accordingly to the untranslated names. Also the choose-nation
>               dialog from the start has an odd ordering.

A patch is attached. Warning: This it is my first gtk/glib program.
A note: somewhere in the docu stands that the idention should be
'indent -kr -i2'. At least the files a touched aren't in this style.

>       8) It looks there is no way to get the corruption from inside the
>               city. Something analog to the pollution number should be
>               helpful.

Would you accept a patch which add an extra field in the city report?

>       9) An option per city to maximize production instead of food?

Is there anybody thinking/coding on mircomanagement?

>       10) An option toggable like the grid to show or hide the production
>               of a city (current/full/rounds). Maybe displaying the city
>               names can also be made an option.

Some people found it would be helpful. Would you accept a patch?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!"